Classic Mode is the most simple gameplay mode out there. Queue for a match and you will fight a random player doing the same. Before doing so, you can choose which deck and Artifacts you want to use. While you're waiting, you can play minigames.
After each match, no matter if you won or lost, you gain EXP. Your EXP is determined by 3 different factors.
- You gain +1 EXP for every passed second during the match.
- You gain +200 bonus EXP if you win the match.
- You gain +10 EXP for every level your opponent is above you, regardless of victory or loss.
- You cannot gain more than 3000 base EXP each match. (4.5k with Experience artifact)
Winning grants you 15 Gold, which you can use to buy Packs and new Artifacts. If you lose, you earn 5 Gold.
Ever since Beta 25.0, when Classic Mode got merged with Ranked Mode, you increase your rank with the more wins you get. Being in a higher rank means getting into a matches with more advanced players, but means better end-of-season rewards.
There are 33 different Divisions, sorted out as followed:
COPPER, IRON, GOLD, EMERALD, SAPPHIRE, AMETHYST, RUBY, DIAMOND and LEGEND, all of which divided into 4 divisions rated from IV to I except LEGEND, which has only 1 division.
Ranking System Details
Each division has an ELO associated with it, which goes up by 25 each. Winning will give you some ELO. Losing has the following effects based on your Division:
- In Divisions COPPER, IRON, and GOLD, losing does nothing to your ELO.
- In Divisions EMERALD, SAPPHIRE, and AMETHYST, losing takes away some of your ELO. However, you cannot fall into a lower Division.
- In Divisions RUBY, DIAMOND, and LEGEND, losing takes away some ELO. In these Divisions you can fall into a lower rank if you lose too much ELO.
Once you have enough ELO, you advance to the next Division. You can see how close you are to the next division by looking at the colored bar in the Classic Menu.
Current Rewards can be found here. They are awarded at the end of each season (month) and higher Divisions get better season rewards.
Before Beta 26.0, each rank (except Legend) had 5 Divisions instead of 4, meaning the total amount of Divisions back then were 41.