The Heroine (a.k.a. Undyne the Undying) is the third DT card added to the game and the first DT after the very beginning, in Beta 3.9. Previous Versions can be found here.
Since Beta 58.0, The Heroine is an 8/8 Taunt. When killed, instead of being removed from the board, The Heroine will re-appear back on the board straight away with -2/-2 but lose Taunt. Instead, upon her first resurrection at 6/6, she will gain Armor, while gaining Transparency on her second at 4/4. She has no additional ability on her third and last at 2/2. When her ability is used, it will not cost extra gold.
Nothing will carry over to the resurrected version of Undyne the Undying. This includes things like KR, Taunt and even changes of ATK and HP (both increases and decreases). So even if you use cards like Toriel or when she's in her first form (of 8/8), she will return as a 6/6 monster upon death. Her ability justifies her price, as she is the first card to have an ability that summons monsters to the board, instead of ones that add cards to your hand or deck. In total she has 20 HP and ATK amongst her resurrections.
When killed whilst attacking, she will act like a newly summoned card, so she will not be able to attack again in that turn unless cards such as Assault are applied to her. Also, as of Beta 8.3.2, she will no longer trigger On summon effects when returned to the board. This includes the effects of cards like Nice Cream Guy, Politics Bear and Heats Flamesman.
A well-known combo with The Heroine is catching her with Red Wagon and duplicate them with Mad Mew Mew. As of Beta 53.0, when both resulting Red Wagons die, each will add a refreshed Heroine to your deck with +3/+3. Unfortunately, those buffs won't stick for her second life.
Dimensional Box can be used to permanently remove The Heroine from play, provided the player returns it to their hand, silences it, or transforms it on the same turn.
The Heroine is a Determination card, and as with all cards of this rarity, it can't be Silenced. It can also only be obtained through:
- Normal Packs (with great luck);
- Final Packs (which you get 1 of at LV 200);
- Special Events (mostly on Twitter);
- Crafting with DT Fragments. You can get DT Fragments by reaching Ruby IV or higher in Ranked. (Ruby & Diamond = 1; Legend = 2)
- Try Harder (by Moonlightring)
- True Hero (by Darky)
- The Hero (by Zoomlightbulbs)
- Last One Standing (by Jake Horror)
- Rough Fish (by Diamaincrah)
- Hero of Humanity (by Jacky Bunny - Fan Artist)
- Originally available through Pass Quests.
- Mega Spear (by Asrite)
- Forces of Determination (by _98za89_)
- Only available through Undercards Tournament 2021.
- In Beta 10.1 when Another Chance was used on her, instead of dying at 2/2, she will have 0/1, give this 6 lives instead of 5 and a total of 31 HP instead of 30.
- Before Beta 20.0, she had 'Cannot be Silenced', even though DTs can't normally be silenced.
- Since Beta 30.0, Legendary and Determination monsters summoned in any way will trigger their Theme. This includes each stage of The Heroine, and her Theme was shortened because of it.
- Before 55.1, The Heroine was the only 16G monster. This allowed players to reset her instantly with Red Bird. Now, she's one of multiple 13G monsters, making this strategy no longer usable.